Page Dairy Collection
Scope and Contents
This collection contains correspondence, photographs, and other records from the Page Dairy Company. The correspondence within the collection relates to the Dairy’s patents as well as scholarships at Central Catholic High School. The photographs feature family members such as Arnold Page and Henry Page, Jr. and views of the dairy’s equipment.
Of particular note are the portrait of Henry Page Sr. and the corporate Pledge of Loyalty, dated 1942.
While not the complete corporate records of the Page Dairy, this collection still provides insight into the company’s mid-century development.
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research. Materials may be accessed by request at the Ward M. Canaday Center for Special Collections on the fifth floor of the William S. Carlson Library on the main campus of the University of Toledo. Materials do not circulate.
Conditions Governing Use
In most cases, the Canaday Center does not own the copyright and literary rights to items in its collections; it is the responsibility of the researcher to adhere to U.S. Copyright and Fair Use laws, including seeking permission from the copyright holder and payment of any royalty fees, in the reproduction and use of archival materials. Providing copies or scans does not constitute a license to publish or reproduce images in print or electronic form.
Biographical / Historical
The Toledo-based Page Dairy, found by Henry A. Page, opened its doors on April 23, 1913. Later run by Page’s two sons, Henry Jr. and Arnold, Page Dairy was one of the largest dairy companies in the country prior to its closing in 1975. Located at the corner of Wade and Knapp streets, Page Dairy began selling only butter and quickly grew to sell dairy products in Ohio, Michigan and Indiana.
A generous philanthropist, Henry A. Page donated to local high school athletic departments, contributed uniforms, and held fundraiser dinners. Page Stadium at DeVilbiss High School was named in honor of his many contributions. The Page Dairy Company also provided dairy products for the Toledo Public Health Association, nutrition programs in public schools in the Toledo Exchange Club and to the Toledo District Nurses’ Association.
1.5 Linear Feet
1 Artifact : Portrait of Henry Page Sr.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Donated by Kathy Page
- Page Dairy Collection
- E. Czerniak; updated by Oliver Brown, April 2022.
- July 2016
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Edition statement